I've used the 705 since April and have a couple thousand miles on it so far, and I'd say I'm completely happy with it so far.
The key things I like are -
- The GPS info: where you're at, how to get places, how to get home, which route you rode this time, or three weeks ago, etc.
- The stats: There's so much performance data available and it's easy to put it in a format you can use while you ride. My performance has come way up this year, and some of that is because I can watch some key stats as I ride (cadence, HR, incline %, lap times, etc.)
- The ...ysis: The Garmin Connect software is good (not yet great, though) at uploading and displaying the key stats of your workout, along with a map of where you rode, and some charts to compare some of your stats
* You'll love: How easy all this is to set up and use, and to understand
* You'll wish it were better at: allowing you to customize the reports and pull in more data, such as elevation %/grade and lap times [this info IS captured by the 705, but is not shown on the PC training tool].
- The flexibility: I have the system set up on two of my bikes, so I just toggle the "bike setup" to take my unit from one to the other, and get all my stats no matter which bike I'm riding.
I am not a Garmin employee or spokesman, in case you were wondering, but I hate riding without my 705.
If you have any specific questions, please note them and I'll respond in more detail.