April 28, 2017, 04:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Masi Soulville  (Read 8397 times)
Thunder
Administrator

Attitude Is Everything

View Profile Email
« on: September 12, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

Has anyone out there bought a Masi Soulville yet?  If so what so you think?

I am thinking about getting a Soulville fixie, but I can not find any reviews online.
CdaleTony

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:02:37 PM »

I can only comment on the nexus 8sp from 2008. The 2009 will be Sram 7 spd with a couple other minor changes.
I can say I ride a medium 18" mtb usually, and the 18" Soulville feels kinda small on me. I ebayed it on a lark (Saved 35%).
I slid the seat back and it helps and I am thinking even of a setback seatpost. Not sure how this will look or perform (Anyone?).

The bike itself is cool. It rides nice, the nexus shifts well. Coaster brakes were way back in my mind for the first 50 feet. Panic made me dig up how to use them again  Grin
Other than that it is a fun bike to Cruise on, and two of my decidely non-biker neighbors Raved about it's looks. It handles slacker than some other bikes I have due to angles and wheelbase I imagine. It certainly isn't a chore to cruise around on.
I think you should at least try to throw a leg over one before jumping in...But it is fun for tootling around on!
CDT
Dude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I think I want the single speed version.

Anyone else ever buy the Masi?
Velociraptor
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »

Fixed gear bike image test.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Black Rain by Crip Powered by SMF 1.1.9 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC XHTML | CSS